By visiting and/or using our website www.knokal.com (“Website”), becoming a member or otherwise providing us with your Information, you agree to your Information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this policy.
We reserve the right to make changes or updates to this policy from time to time. Should we do so, we will update the policy on the Website accordingly. Consequently, please check this Website regularly to stay informed of any updates. Your continued use of our Website and services, or the provision of further Information to us after this policy has been revised constitutes your acceptance of the revised policy.
Collecting your Information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual (“Personal Information”).
We will, in most cases, collect Personal Information directly from you through written and verbal communication. Generally, the kinds of Personal Information KNOKAL collects during the provision of KNOKAL’S services include:
- contact and identification details (e.g. name, physical and email addresses and phone numbers);
- credit card details (if you are making an online payment);
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
KNOKAL collects your Information in various ways, including when you:
- visit our Website (including any application managed by us);
- become a member of our services;
- apply or participate in the employment process;
- interact or engage with our social media pages/profiles;
- enter into a competition or promotion through any medium;
- participate in a survey or other market research activities;
- request information from us or submit any feedback or query;
- provide us with your Information in person or via telephone, email, fax, post or other means.
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect Information directly from you, however you agree there may be other occasions when we collect your Personal Information from other sources such as internet service providers, employers, publicly maintained records, including records publicly available through social media, or other third parties. Generally, we will only collect your Personal Information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your Personal Information from you, or if those sources are authorised to do so.
Sensitive Information is information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional/trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, and health or genetic information (“Sensitive Information”).
We will not collect Sensitive Information unless you have consented or the collection is required under law or for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
Each time you visit the Website, our server passively collects certain information using various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags, web beacons, and navigational data collection methods (log files, server logs, clickstream).
This passive information is collected for statistical and marketing purposes, and to help us improve our services. This information can include the type of browser and system you are using, whether you have interacted with any advertisements or links, the address of the website you have come from and move to after your visit, the date and time of your visit and your server’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
You can set your browser to accept or reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever cookies are offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept them. Should you reject all cookies, your ability to use the Website may be limited as certain features may not function correctly.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We use your Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- allowing you to participate as a member of our services;
- confirming your identity;
- communicating with you;
- administering, facilitating and enhancing our services;
- customising the Website based on your preferences,
- compiling and analysing statistics and trends,
- processing any job application you may submit;
- providing you with any employment information you may request;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- conducting market research so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- sending you offers or information on services that we consider will be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such);
- keeping you informed about any changes to our Website as well as our services;
- determining the number of visitors to our Website and conducting reviews of our Website;
- collecting Information relating to quality and compliance issues;
- to notify you of upcoming events and/or promotions by us;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback and/or to resolve disputes;
- satisfy any statutory legal obligations; and
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information and/or where consent has been provided.
For any of the above purposes we may contact you by electronic or other means.
Personal Information you provide is considered a company asset and may be included among transferred assets if we merge, combine or divest part of our business unless prohibited from doing so by law.
We disclose your Information for the same purposes for which we collect it. We may disclose your Personal Information to a range of organisations which include, but are not limited to:
- KNOKAL’s insurers and professional advisors;
- KNOKAL’s contractors and suppliers, including IT contractors and database designers;
- any other third parties engaged to perform functions or activities on our behalf, including direct marketing;
- any other entity, with your consent;.
- entities to whom disclosure is required or permitted by law.
This disclosure is done on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. You should note that third parties may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies and procedures and these may be different from our own.
Some of our third party service providers are located in countries outside of Australia (including, but not limited to our cloud storage service providers located in the United States of America). Our contracts with these parties generally include an obligation for them to, or contemplate that they will, comply with an applicable law or binding scheme which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of Information that are suitably similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure transferred Information is kept secure as required by applicable data privacy laws. However, you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your Information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient's compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to your Information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients and, on this basis, you consent to such transfer, processing, storage and/or disclosure.
In circumstances where the provision of your Information to an overseas recipient may be deemed use rather than disclosure, we will instead comply with our use policy as outlined above.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information in order to inform you of services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting us via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
KNOKAL stores and holds Information electronically and/or in hard copy. We will take reasonable steps to store and hold Information in a secure and restricted manner and to protect Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Access to your Information is limited to those individuals who require such access in order to perform their duties and responsibilities. Any Information held by a third party storage provider is done so under an obligation of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
While the Website has secure password protections in place, you should be vigilant and note that there are inherent risks associated with transmitting Information via the internet. This means we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure or safe from attack from unauthorised intruders and no data protection or security measure is completely secure, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
Your Information, where not stored electronically, is stored in our secure office premises with restricted access or with an offsite secure storage facility. If we no longer require the use of your Information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Access and Accuracy of your Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete.
You have a right to access, and request the correction of, any of your Information at any time. You may also request that we delete your Information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us at the details set out below. KNOKAL will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct Information where necessary and appropriate. There may be circumstances in which we cannot provide you with access. We will advise you of the reasons if we deny you access.
Third Party Links
How to stop receiving communication from us
To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email the Privacy Officer at email@example.com. To stop receiving any email correspondence from us, simply click on the link to unsubscribe.
How to contact us
If you have any queries, wish to make a complaint, seek access to, or correct any of your Information you can contact Knokal at:
Level 2, 85 William Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010